Data Subject Access Request
Subject Access Requests must be made to the Data Protection Officer in writing. You are invited to use our standard form for this purpose, but you do not have to; an ordinary letter will do.
Please note the following:
• Normally, you may make the request only about personal data
held by the University of Wales that is about you . If you need to
make a request about someone else’s data, you must provide their
written, signed consent.
• The University will require you to establish your identity. There is
no fixed way of doing this but you may be asked to provide some
corroborating personal information or some further
documentation such as a passport.
• Information will not be released over the telephone.
• The Act allows for the information to be withheld in certain
circumstances. Where the University decides to withhold
information, you will be informed in writing as to why this has
happened. You may query that decision by contacting the
University’s Data Protection Officer at the address given below.
• The Act allows for a fee to be charged for fulfilling a Subject
Access Request and the University’s fee for this service is £10.
A personal cheque made out to The University of Wales should be
sent with any request.
The Data Protection Officer
The University of Wales
King Edward VII Avenue